Anti Spam Policy
OfficeSmarts Corporation (“OfficeSmarts Web Design”) maintains a zero tolerance policy for use of its network or services in any manner associated with the transmission, distribution, or delivery of any bulk e-mail, including unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial e-mail, or the sending, assisting, or commissioning the transmission of commercial e-mail that does not comply with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”).
It is your obligation to ensure that e-mail sent by you, or on your behalf, does not violate this law. We assume SPAM complaints are valid unless provided with credible information to the contrary. To avoid action under this Policy or our Web Hosting Agreement, please familiarize yourself with the legislation by viewing the Government of Canada page http://fightspam.gc.ca/eic/site/030.nsf/eng/home.
- You may not use any of our services or network to send SPAM. In addition, e-mail sent, or caused to be sent, to or through our network or services may not:
- Use or contain invalid or forged headers.
- Use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names.
- Employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent, hide or obscure any information in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path.
- Use other means of deceptive addressing.
- Use a third party’s Internet domain name, or be relayed from or through a third party’s equipment, without permission of the third party.
- Contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contain false or misleading content.
- Fail to comply with additional technical standards described below.
- Otherwise violate OfficeSmarts Web Design’s Web Hosting Agreement and other Terms of Service.
- If you are suspected of using OfficeSmarts Web Design’s products and services for the purpose of sending SPAM, OfficeSmarts Web Design holds the right to investigate. OfficeSmarts Web Design assumes SPAM complaints are valid unless we are provided with credible information to the contrary. It is the policy of OfficeSmarts Web Design to immediately suspend, terminate and/or cancel any offending web site or account sending SPAM.
- You may be asked to produce records that verify that explicit affirmative permission was obtained from a recipient before a mailing was sent. OfficeSmarts Web Design may consider the lack of such proof of explicit affirmative permission to mean the existence of a questionable mailing.
- It is a violation of this Policy to commission a third party to send e-mail that is in violation of this Policy or of CASL. E-mail not in compliance with this Policy and CASL, regardless of source, is prohibited.
- OfficeSmarts Web Design may immediately suspend, terminate and/or cancel any account on any product or service which it determines, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any e-mail that violates this policy
- OfficeSmarts Web Design reserves the right to suspend, terminate and/or cancel permanently any and all services provided to a user without any notification if OfficeSmarts Web Design, in its sole discretion, believes the user to be in violation of this Policy or CASL.
- Failure to enforce this policy in every instance does not amount to a waiver of OfficeSmarts Web Design’s rights
By utilizing the services provided by OfficeSmarts Web Design, you are agreeing to this Policy. If you do not agree to any of these terms, you are responsible for notifying OfficeSmarts Web Design immediately to terminate your account and service.